This kit for the Great Central
Railway slatted sided bogie fish van of which 25 were built in
1913-1914, plus another 17 believed to have been rebuilt from a louvred
side variant. They were used throughout the LNER system, but primarily
on Hull to London trains. The majority were still in service in 1937,
but were extinct by 1948,
It is a re-release of the R&E Models kit with newly re-mastered whitemetal components.
The kit is of etched brass construction and includes
bogies and whitemetal axleboxes/springs
and buffers. It can be built for 00, EM and P4 gauges.
Wheels (3ft. 1in. split-spoke) and
couplings (screw on the prototype), glazing, paint and transfers are
needed to complete the kit.