Churchward's final engine design prior to retirement in 1921 was this
mixed-traffic 2-8-0 with 5' 8" wheels.
built, the engines were paired with new (probably!) 3,500 gallon tenders of
standard Churchward design with visible, snap head rivets, on the tanks and coal
plates. At least two (4704 & 4706) were subsequently fitted with Dean 4,000
gallon tenders with flush rivets until all the class were paired with new Collett 4,000 gallon tenders, which became standard for the class and all were
running with these by 1933.